Are you new to the world of Internet marketing? Or are you confused about why your Internet marketing campaign isn’t working as expected? Believe it or not, today’s key to successful Internet marketing lies in Video content.
Let’s see how!
A recent Google commissioned Nielsen study shows that from the age 18 to 49 years, eight out of ten people watch videos on YouTube on a regular basis. Wondering why?
The reason behind this interesting fact is, we tend to get attracted by movements on our screens. On average, the attention span of a person is 8 seconds. That is quite small of an amount considering even a goldfish has a 9-second span of attention. But with videos, engaging people within this short span of time become a lot easier. A successful video has the ability to get us hooked in about a minute or so. Besides, there are incredible ideas that we can incorporate into a video.
According to recent tech blogs, about 59% of internet users prefer videos over text based content. This is why it’s time for us to start focusing on how to incorporate video into our website or social media campaigns. We are living in the age of connectivity, and everyone is always connected via their smart devices. This is good news for us, as it increases our chances of getting a higher number of views.
Cisco conducted a marketing research on this topic and received amazing insights. They found that mobile video traffic in 2016 accounted for a staggering 60% of total mobile data traffic globally. After analyzing this data they predicted that by 2021, over three-fourths (78 percent) of the world’s mobile data traffic will be used for viewing videos! That means, the more people are using mobile devices, the more data traffic is going to be used to watch videos. It would be a terrible loss if we’re not already incorporating videos in our Internet marketing. Because that would mean we’re falling behind!
Imagine you want to buy a phone. Your instincts would probably be to research products that might fulfill your requirements. You go on the Internet and search for your desired specifications. Amongst a variety of options, there are links to written reviews as well as videos. Given you went through both, the chance of videos having a greater impact is higher than that of written content. When you explain something visually, it is generally easier to understand and remember, and requires very little effort by the viewer. Moreover, audio and visual effects tend to leave a longer lasting impression than any other form of communication. The perceived value of videos is also a lot higher than any other content.
Try to show your customers what your product is instead of just writing about it.
Did you know, an astounding 81% of people feature their product through videos on their brand website?
QUALITIES THAT SET VIDEO MARKETING APART
First of all, videos stimulate our senses. The way our eyes move with the actions on the screen helps remove monotony of staring blankly at the screen for a long period of time. Secondly, through well-executed ideas, videos can stir up emotions within us. We believe, videography, animation and motion graphics are capable of connecting with the viewer on a deeper level.
Catch a glimpse of how a video series made an astounding impact on the overall sales and success of George’s Cafe, a premium coffee shop in Dhaka city.
Here’s how videos can directly help your business to grow:
- Videos boost conversion and sales- Information transmitted to our brain visually boosts engagement on a massive scale. 72% of businesses who use video believe that it has improved the conversion rate of their website. That means, more people were convinced to use their products just by watching videos!
- Greater ROI (Return On Investment) – Even though video production requires a bit of investment, it pays off big time. As long as the content is solid, videos are sure to bring in customers!
- Video helps build trust- You trust what you see with your own eyes. That is why videos tend to have a stronger influence on your mind than everything else. People tend to be more engaged and emotionally moved through a well-executed video.
- Get noticed by Google- Videos increase traffic on your site which in turn boosts your Internet presence. Videos attract more audience to all your internet marketing sites, be it on social media, blogs or even websites. According to Forrester Research, you are 53 times more likely to show up on Google’s top page if you have a video embedded on your site. Long story short, Google loves videos!
- Explanation made easy- Videos make it easy to explain a new product or ease the understanding of a difficult concept. In a report by Wyzowl it was found that about 98% Internet users said they have seen explainer videos online.
- Engagement of viewers- Videos tend to engage even the laziest of viewers. Because after all, what more do you have to do except for staring at the screen while the videos do all the work for you? It is always welcoming to see the product in action than to read long paragraphs about it.
- Increased shares- Everyone likes to share something they liked with their close ones. The most important thing to remember is that people share the things that have somehow touched them. It can be either entertaining, heartbreaking or just something that triggered any kind of emotion within them. This is easier to achieve with a well-thought out video.
Overall, marketing tools have been widespread but Video-marketing is a work of art. If you want to enhance your customer experience, a video is the way to go. The most important thing to remember is that videos have the potential to transmit larger amounts of information in a shorter period of time. Moreover, videos offer greater value as it has colors, effects, visuals, and sound. Videos are termed as rich media content in a site which helps in higher ranking in SEO (Search Engine Optimization). SEO leads to your product catching the eye of more potential consumers, better customer experience, and increased amount of sales.
So now you know, the best way to get your customers talking about you is just by incorporating video into your Internet marketing strategy!
Also published on Medium.